Black Diamond Group Limited releases inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report
CALGARY, Alberta, Aug. 31, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Diamond Group Limited (“Black Diamond” or the "Company”) (TSX: BDI), a leading provider of space rental and workforce accommodation, today released its inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report. The Report details the Company’s commitment to environmental, social and governance issues and is a key component to how the Company continues To Create a Better Way for its stakeholders.
“We are excited to announce the launch of Black Diamond Group’s first Corporate Responsibility Report,” states Trevor Haynes, Chairman & CEO of Black Diamond Group. “Since our inception in 2003, we have strived to be a leader in operating conscientiously, through the responsible use of resources and reliable compliance to local regulations. Additionally, we have always sought to give back in our local communities and create meaningful impact in the communities in which we live and work.”
Black Diamond’s ESG Program, as outlined in this report, is centered on the Company’s mission – To Create a Better Way – and focuses on the key strategies and initiatives designed to support sustainability in the long term such as:
- The environmental benefits of modular construction
- The environmental and social benefits of efficient crew travel management
- Upholding a safety-first culture
- Nurturing a positive relationship with Indigenous communities across Canada
- Honouring sport as a force for good in communities
- Celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion at Black Diamond
- Adhering to high standards of openness, integrity and accountability
- Setting an initial inventory of Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions and intensity
Black Diamond Group’s Corporate Responsibility Report is the culmination of the work of all team members, working together to ensure we deliver results to be proud of. We believe our team of the best and brightest minds in the industry can recognize the excellence and ongoing commitments in this report while continuing to hold each other accountable through continued progress in environmental, social and governance disciplines.
Among the many highlights listed detailed in the Corporate Responsibility Report, some focal points include:
- Environmental impact of project development: We recorded zero incidents of non-compliance with environmental permits, standards, and regulations in 2021.
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP): We have an EMP in place that helps us identify, assess, mitigate and monitor environmental risks of our operations. Considerations under this plan include operational-phase energy and water efficiency.
- Indigenous Relations: We strive to foster strong relationships with Indigenous Communities and have successfully formed six equity-based partnerships with Indigenous Communities across Canada. These partnerships have provided material economic benefits within the communities in which we operate.
- Workforce Health and Safety: We have a record of zero incidents resulting in fatalities, and work diligently to manage our total recorded incident rate, with a goal of zero safety incidents. In 2020 and 2021 our TRIF was 0.35 and 0.56 respectively.
- Strong Business Ethics: We are committed to upholding a high ethical standard, which includes the fact that we do not and will not operate in countries scoring low on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index.
- Diverse and Inclusive workplace: The Company is committed to equal opportunities for all employees and believes that a high-performance team can only be built by measuring objective performance goals and merit; regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
Black Diamond’s Corporate Responsibility Report is guided by The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, or SASB, Standards.
To view Black Diamond’s inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report, visit this link: https://www.blackdiamondgroup.com/BDG/media/media/ESG/2022-Corporate-Responsibility-Report.pdf
About Black Diamond Group
Black Diamond is a specialty rentals and industrial services Company with two operating business units - Modular Space Solutions (MSS) and Workforce Solutions (WFS). We operate in Canada, the United States, and Australia. MSS through its principal brands, BOXX Modular, Britco, MPA and Schiavi, owns a large rental fleet of modular buildings of various types and sizes. Its network of local branches rent, sell, service, and provide ancillary products and services to a diverse customer base in the construction, industrial, education, financial, and government sectors. WFS through its principal brands, Black Diamond Camps and Black Diamond Energy Services, owns a large rental fleet of modular accommodation assets of all types and sizes and a fleet of liquid and solid containment assets. Its regional operating terminals rent, sell, service, and provide ancillary products and services including turn-key operated camps to a wide array of customers in the resource, infrastructure, construction, disaster recovery, and education sectors. The WFS business unit also includes the Company’s wholly owned subsidiary, LodgeLink, which operates a digital marketplace for business-to-business crew accommodation, travel, and logistics in North America.
Learn more at www.blackdiamondgroup.com.
Jason Zhang at 403-206-4739 or email@example.com. To sign up for news alerts please go to https://www.blackdiamondgroup.com/investor-centre/news-alerts-subscription/.
Jonathan Stringer at 780-733-1788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.